Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Biol211 Termite Dissection

Hi folks number of mustard when the lab instructors for biology 211 year cal state and getting ready to do a termite dissection Capulet coda get my nitrile disposable gloves and also doubt my own pair of safety glasses and closed toed shoes as always here in the lab so let's get started.

Biol211 Termite Dissection

Okay so the preferred term my dissection is really pretty straight forward. I've got just a kimwipe tissue laid out on the bench top here don't need a big dissection painfully slow termites over here on the side I've got just a plain glass microscope slide and that's what role.

Prep the termite got on top of to do our view into the microscope. Some of the dust up there. Also got a couple pairs of forceps here in the 2 pairs of 4 sets will let me grass the microscope at the container that we receive from the biological supply house lots of live termites and kind of smear the got around inside there are there are fluid to to do the prep.

So here are live microscopes that receive just recently from the biological supply house. And pull the lid off of here we see that there's a paper towel inside in this paper towel has a little bit of moisture. It's of some water to the termites so I peek underneath gonna termite hunts and sooner or later and see things like clumps of would under here embassy lots of sawdust the termites themselves produce lots of termites wiggling around underneath and I don't need to get.

A super huge one but these girls are actually pretty juicy and yes they are all female so here's my termites and I'll see if I can get it against the black at the bench top the black slate put the lid back on set that aside able wanting a really need to do first I'm gonna put a drop of moisture on this microscope slide to make sure that I prevent microbes inside this termite got from being exposed to oxygen without much oxygen in a termite got just like with hours in the gym in excess can actually be toxic.

Okay madam for many here sorry about this but it's for science in the gonna go ahead and grab the back of your abdomen the end of your after than just hold a soft at the tissue and I wanna make sure I got your intestines. So I'm just going to smear the surrounding here and see.

Get this all nicely distributed a get the inside of her intestine all Shamir around inside this a drop of water D. I. water and putting on top of this microscope slide and when you get all the microbiota out in into that mixed but now I've also gonna get this clump of stuff for all the access to shoot out of the way because it would be it would interfere with my view into the microscope and also would separate the cover slip too much too much of space underneath.

Okay so now there's my prep and then head for the microscope and see what they got here. When we're done with this thing by the way let's go ahead and get this piece of Kim white tissue with overture my guts on there that goes into the drive by always contain or the big red plastic bin.

And also our tools section tools are 2 pairs of forceps get rinsed off with TI water and brought right back here to the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment